If you've been in the library lately, you will notice something missing. The Gnawed Log, the library coffee kiosk, closed a couple weeks ago. It was closed by the administration, citing poor sales as the reason for the closure. Despite a valiant attempt by its many supporters and hardcore coffee drinkers, the decision was made to close it. Students studying in the library will now need to go to the Union for their coffee and snack fix.
What do you think about the closing of the Gnawed Log? Please respond here or contact one of the library staff members and tell us what you think!
Friday, November 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I definately purchased more items at the Gnawed Log than I did elsewhere on campus because I hoped it would stay! My coffee is cold by the time it gets to the Library, and it's a pain to walk all the way across campus for a snack or a drink. Could we get a vending machine instead? Or even one of those coin operated coffee machines?
I would love to have purchased things at the gnawed log - unfortunately there wasn't usually an attendant and I either needed to use beaver bucks or get change. I second the other user - is there a way we can get something there?
Although the Library hosted the Gnawed Log, it was owned and operated by Chartwells. They made the decision to remove it. I would recommend contacting Chartwells if you would like to see something in the Library.
Post a Comment